free website stats program 2001 Road King Jiffy Stand | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 Road King Jiffy Stand

Delmar

Of all the things I figured would wear out or break, the jiffy stand would be the last.

Today when I attempted to put the stand down it rotated forward well past the stop. Now to park the bike I have to lean over until the stand contacts the ground and roll forward until it is positioned correctly.

I assume there is no easy fix for the stand so need to replace it. Is this a common event? The bike is ex-Police so probably spent a lot of time parking on the side of the road.

Of all the things I figured would wear out or break, the jiffy stand would be the last.

Today when I attempted to put the stand down it rotated forward well past the stop. Now to park the bike I have to lean over until the stand contacts the ground and roll forward until it is positioned correctly.

I assume there is no easy fix for the stand so need to replace it. Is this a common event? The bike is ex-Police so probably spent a lot of time parking on the side of the road.

If it isn't operating correctly there is a cam type mechanism that is attached to the top end of the stand that locks it into position when down. It may be as simple as replacing that to make it operate correctly. It's held on with the one bolt at the top of the stand.

I have an ex cop bike and the kickstands take beating on these machines. I have replaced it with a new take off from a company that trikes-out baggers. Good price and a new updated design. Paid 40 bucks. Might be a good idea in your case considering the damage posible with a defective device that holds up a bike worth 20 thousand dollars.
JMO
John

I took apart the stand and discovered the stop was extremely worn. Thanks all for the advice, you avoided my purchasing a complete replacement stand.

John – won’t need to upgrade the stand, mine only has to hold up a $6K bike.

stop.jpg

Installed a new jiffy stop, however the stand still rotated forward. Noticed a tiny notch in the stand mounting bracket, did not think it would have an effect. Well I guess I’m wrong…

Back