free website stats program 2001 road king FLHRI | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 road king FLHRI

madd4225

hi have the road king fuel injected with hooker slip on exghust. my buddy when riding behinde me noticed that everyonce in a while when i down shift that it blows a flame out the right side of the exghust and pops and crackles. i told him i thought the exghust was supose to pop and crakle i wasnt sure about the flame. on that same side the is a lot of carbon build up at the end of the exghust.

i did just get this bike and do not no if its just stock motor or anything special any help or in for i thank i advance thanks

Sounds like it's running a bit rich. Do you know anything about the ECM if it has a download or if the bike has a fueler on it?

The left pipe is a resonance chamber more than an actual exhaust from what I've read here. I have a RK too and a friend noticed some flame action from the right pipe the other day. Same with the carbon being more noticeable on the one side. Pop off the seat and have a look for a Fuel injection box. Or it could be located on one of the side panels that pop off

COOL !!!!! :D
Can you make it flame from both sides???
When you figure that out, let us know.
That will keep the traffic around here from being so close. And look GREAT at night !!!

glider not sure is their a way i can check. did get the service manual is their a step by step in their.

There are a number of fuelers that may have been added if you have an EFI bike. Is yours EFI or carb? Will make a difference what to look for.

TQ

COOL !!!!! :D
Can you make it flame from both sides???
When you figure that out, let us know.
That will keep the traffic around here from being so close. And look GREAT at night !!!

There are a few companies that make flame kits, one of them is hot licks exhaust. It does require welding a bung into the exhaust and richening up your mixture.

Back