free website stats program 2001 rk front fork questions | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 rk front fork questions

madd4225

hello all, i'm new here to this form and harleys also. have done a lot reading here but have a lot of questions also thanks for any help in advance

just bought the bike it had been wrecked front end damage frame fine.
they put new forks springs and seals in it

just bought the sevice manual today but it wont be here for 3-5 days so just asking some questions so im ready when it gets here.

i noticed that their is a 1/2" gap between the slider cover and the stanchion tube. is this correct

i noticed on other bikes that they overlap a little.

is their adjustment some where or maybe wrong springs/ was going to change the oil in them but wanted to wait to make sure i was not wasting my time.

thanks again if i didnt explain it well enough ask and i will try to explain better thanks

It may be better if you could post a picture about the gap you are referring to. The cover does have space between it and the tube itself.

Lemme know if you think you have some bad parts. I've got a set of 2009 FLHX forks that have never been on the road since I had a chrome set put on my bike before it left the showroom. Complete set I'd let go cheap. Just an offer.

thanks for the replys. got the fork oil in and every thing is great except i no that the wobble is because the front rim is bent. what years fit the 2001 road king with dual disc brakes. can rims be straightened? i think i would rather get another rim. thanks again for your help

if its a sealed bearing rim and im sure it is you can use pretty much any year just change the bearing to size you need

Back