free website stats program 2001 FLHRI has two small problems... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 FLHRI has two small problems...

Warose the screws have a taper at the top. When you screw the screws into the pump the taper aligns the pump. I hope that you ordered more than one screw.

I got the right/good tools I believe. Talked to George himself and he said that he only sells them in pairs. Glad you reminded me to check.

So Georges Garage hooked me up with JIMS USA tools and I aligned the pump. Was more of a (EDIT) than I thought just because of removing the exhaust (more annoying than hard). Started up and ran nice but I haven't put miles on it yet to check its gag reflex on the oil. The local HD shop wanted to charge me for 8 hours of labor and parts. I knocked it out in a few hours for under $100. They tried to rip me off but instead forced me to get new tools and learn something while at the same time making sure it was done right. :lero If she pukes oil onto the umbrella valves. I'll keep you updated and if anyone needs help on the project it's fresh in my mind and plenty easy to do your self. :s

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
So no puking oil out the breather yet. I just switched my primary oil to Spectro Heavy Chaincase oil and Spectro 6 platinum in the transmission, have fresh HD 3 in the engine but will switch over to Mobile 1 V twin on next change. I cleaned and oiled my air filter but need a new one soon. Any clear choices out there?

Back