free website stats program 2001 FLHRCI Cruise Control | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 FLHRCI Cruise Control

kingtut

I have a 01 Road King Classic and looking to put cruise on the bike. In the catalog it lists for 02 and later anyone know what I would need to make this work? Not sure why this wouldn't work but thats why i'm asking please help me out guys!

Seem like somebody told me they stopped making them for the old MAGNETTI-MARELLI systems. I'm sure they won't retro, if harley says 02 and later they mean it. There might be something out there aftermarket? Stop by your dealer and have the parts man do a search on his computer to see if another dealer might have one of the earlier versions in stock, they have a network to share stock info, it would be better then aftermarket.

Got similar problems, 05 rk, but mines a police mod and the cruise i bought, part# 77197 looks a little different. I think i can post pics if you think it will help............bw

bobwire, for a 05 flhr cruise part number should be 77198-04 I believe, 77197 is for 07 or 08 depends on the last two digits you left out. You have another problem though, the police models are not set up for cruise control, the wiring harness is different on police models then civilian. Easiest fix is to install civilian wirinng harness, then civilian hand controls and HD accessories will fit also. Met a gentleman from Oregon had cruise installed by shop there on his flhtpi, but it was a major wiring task. If you get correct kit and wiring diagram you can do it, but I would convert to civilian first myself, makes it simpler.
here's instructions for 77198-04, take a look & see what you think?

View attachment Cruse control instructions 04-06 FLHR-J02866.pdf

Back