free website stats program 2001 fatboy combination speedometer | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 fatboy combination speedometer

gooslake

i purchased a combination spedometer-tach pt# 74461-03 harley part for my 2001 fatboy and hooked it up. all worked except for the tach, i heard through the grapevine there is a pink wire to hook up. i found the wire in the loom and it looks like it has a connecter on the end.does any oneknow the harley part number of the wire that goes into the wiring block? any help would be appreciated

I'm looking at a universal wiring diagram for a combo speedo/tach. The "pink" wire from the negative post on your coil goes to the 4th position from the left, top row, on the multi plug that connects on the back of the gage. It should be a 12 pin connector. See attachment. Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: I ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR THIS POST OR ATTACHMENT. MDSR

Attachments

• combo gage wiring diagram.pdf
    141.3 KB · Views: 56
Not knowing where you purchased the unit there should have been a pink wire with a connector and a pin included.The pink wire gets plugged into cavity #6 on connector 39B. Caution noted - If there is a wire in cavity #3 of connector 39B, REMOVE IT! If wire is left in cavity #3, damage to gauge could result.

My advise is to contact a dealer. They should be able to print out the instructions......unless someone has a copy to send to you.

I knew someone around here would have the instructions. One other thing... you'll have to pull the locking wedge out of the Deutsch connector to get the socket on the pink wire to lock into place. If not it will not make a solid connection. Might work for a bit but it will probably vibrate out and the tach will go dead.

Back