free website stats program 2001 2007 | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 2007

bubbacraft

Well I went to pay for my bike and I found out it was a 2001 not a 2007. With all of the confusion in buying two bikes at once, I guess I made a mistake. I thought the price was a steal for a 2007.
My question.
2001 fdx dyna superglide with 7,000K 1450 5 speed with a carb no options.
$11,500.00 CND. Deal or not? Is this a good bike or is it too old? It is super clean and sounds awesome.

Don't have the exchange rate from CDN but here's the USD value of the super glide from Kelly blue book.

2001 Harley-Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide Value

April 30, 2008
2-Cylinder
4-Stroke
1450cc
Suggested Retail Value $8770

The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the unit's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

Sounds a little steep to me, especially with everyone trying to sell theirs now due to a bad economy here in the USA. Unless it's decked out head to toe in Chrome, I think they got ya on that deal. Check out what's being sold on Ebay.....that will give you an idea of what a similar Dyna is going for.

If you look around you can find some good deals. I got my 01 super glide for 8,000 and it is mint with chrome from front to back, forward controls & a wide glide frontend on it.

Gotta agree with most everyone else - might be a great bike but the price is way to high for a 2001 model.

Back