free website stats program 2000 softail blowing fuse, ground issue? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 softail blowing fuse, ground issue?

Pin #10 (solid green wire) on black connector is tip over bank sensor which does kill ignition. But my manual does not say if a logic level of low = Good (not tipped over).
Your logic level is .4 volts which is Low. My guess would be that Low = Good (let the engine run) but it can be the opposite.

Check the AC output on the crank sensor.
It looks like Pin #4 of the black ignition module connector controls the speedo check engine light. When you flip the kill switch to RUN, it applies 12v to the ignition module and the module then probably sends out a signal to the speedo through pin #4 (black connector) to turn on speedo light. I agree that it is strange that your not seeing that light come on because your module is getting power. (pin #1 of black connector is power for module. Same wire as white/black wire of coil and you said that does have power).

Wish I knew for sure about the required logic for tip over sensor. There was a guy last month who had a similar bank angle sensor problem, but he never got back with what fixed his bike so I learned nothing about what logic level that is required. It makes sense that a low signal (which you have) is needed for ignition but I am not sure. My clymer manual says nothing about it and my own bike (2009 Delphi Dyna) uses a totally different topology.

My Cylmer manual is not year specific and is not genuine HD. Does your manual happen to say anything specific about the logic level required for the tip over sensor (bank angle sensor). I just see blowing 2 modules at the same time as rare, but anything is possible. Monitor the voltage on pin 4 of black connector as you flip the run/kill switch from on to off. Just to eliminate something in speedo/bulb from keeping the light from coming on.

Crank sensor is good. Talked to the service manager at the dealer where I bought my sporty. He said the tsm had to be married to the bike with their diagnostic system. They're gonna do it for free this week so I'm gonna let them put tires on it. If there's anything else wrong we'll know when its on the computer. I'll ask him about the current on the BAS and let you know. Thanks again for all your help Hoople

He said the tsm had to be married to the bike with their diagnostic system. They're gonna do it for free this week

Marry the TSM to what? There is no ECM or network bus on a 2000 bike with a carb. There is no required marriage for a carb bike. They just live in sin.

I guess the upside is your dealer isn't going to charge you for something they can't do. My dealer would!:)

Good luck, but keep one hand on your wallet.

Well the surge from the voltage regulator going bad burned the battery, the TSM and the ignition module. Cox's HD ordered me a new one and left the test unit in so I can ride till it shows up next week.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Back