free website stats program 2000 Road King, just died; turns over won't start | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 Road King, just died; turns over won't start

TxHaas

The bike died at a stop light. No previous issues or signs of anything going wrong.

It turns over but won't start. No problems with fuel.

Someone told my husband to check the crank sensor... He's going to just go ahead and put a new one in since their only about $40. And because H-D has been replacing quite a few of them according to a friend that works at the HD shop.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Hope we're on the right track

Holy Frijoles!! It worked...

It was the crank sensor...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that was quick! lol

Congrats on the quick resolution! Nice to hear that some troubles are short lived.

May the wind be at your back and the open road rolling under you.

Yep, had that exact same thing happen to me on my 1999 RKC. Heading to a rally, out of nowhere stopped working, checked all the basic things. Had local shop in Fort Wayne pick me up and tow bike back to thier shop. I had no choice, was about 150 miles from home. Long story short, tow plus installation was $150.......wow I was happy with the price and to be back on the rode. Glad to here yours fixed.

Any chance this happened shortly after an oil and filter change? If I remember correctly, the crank sensor can be damaged if the oil filter is cranky coming off. It is close to the filter and the wrong wrench can do some damage.

Back