free website stats program 2000 Road King Engine light | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 Road King Engine light

Hi Patrick. I assume you meant the Stator connector had oil in it? The physical stator runs in oil all the time, inside your primary case? Hopefully thats all thats wrong. Good Luck.

Fist things first.CalgaryBikeBum you are correct in that it was the stator connector that had oil in it and that is what we relocated( higher up)to prevent that in the future.
Took it out for a ride last night.30ish miles each way and both directions after it was warmed up( 20 minutes or so) I had the engine light issue again. On for 20-30 seconds on the way out. Then on for several minutes on the way home. No noticeable changes in the ride, sound, vibration or anything at all. I will run the error codes and see what I get.

Out for a ride and engine light was on then off then on for a 20 minute. Always off once the bike cools down after a beer stop.I did the following after the ride.

. Did some looking thru the manual and found that the jumper wire procedure was for "carbed" models. The procedure for "injected" models is
1. run switch "on"
2. Turn ign. switch on for 3 sec., off for 3 sec. and repeat. After second set of 3 on and 3 off, turn switch to "on".
No jumper wire needed for the injected model. I don't know if this applies to the '01, '02, and '03.:)

Two codes come up.
42 Current N/A (no speedo code for this) Check engine light high NO CHECK ENGINE LAMP AT KEY ON

56 Current 41 Ignition switch open/low

I am not sure what to do at this point or what the repercussions of not doing something will be.

Tried disconnecting the battery and I am still in the same position as before on all of this. It did not reset the codes as I hoped.

Back