free website stats program 2000 rkc | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 rkc

Billbo

Quick question - IF the bike was in real good condition - would you spend $9K on a 2000 RKC with 9K miles? OR - keep looking for a later model with low miles and pay a little more for it??

I have opportunity to buy this MC - just looking for experience here to speak up?

Thanks
Bill

Quick question - IF the bike was in real good condition - would you spend $9K on a 2000 RKC with 9K miles? OR - keep looking for a later model with low miles and pay a little more for it??

I have opportunity to buy this MC - just looking for experience here to speak up?

Thanks
Bill

9K @ 9,000 miles, better have a few x-tras? a tad bit high for a 10 yr.old bike. but if it is what you want! 7400 would be better and 8300 tops in my book. unless of below 00 date, then 7000.

remember The cam bearing problem on the first TCs and thru 2000 First 1/2 year.. Ck the frame Build date if it says dec,15 of 09 or before IT has the problem ball style bearing and the shoes remember are the problem also.

Not a hard fix but you should get it for a grand less if that being the build date... Just my opinion...

signed....BUBBIE

Well I have a 2000 Roadking. Ex police bike. Here they go at Auction for about 9000 but that's Canada. Really I guess depends on what you want to spend? I know guys who pay 27000 then take it apart a year later change everthing and spend thousands. Or you can buy cheaper and then take apart and still spend thousands but the original price was lower? (like i did) So....now that I've totally confused you. I will shut up. :newsmile040:

9K @ 9,000 miles, better have a few x-tras? a tad bit high for a 10 yr.old bike. but if it is what you want! 7400 would be better and 8300 tops in my book. unless of below 00 date, then 7000.

remember The cam bearing problem on the first TCs and thru 2000 First 1/2 year.. Ck the frame Build date if it says dec,15 of 09 or before IT has the problem ball style bearing and the shoes remember are the problem also.

Not a hard fix but you should get it for a grand less if that being the build date... Just my opinion...

signed....BUBBIE

Well I have a 2000 Roadking. Ex police bike. Here they go at Auction for about 9000 but that's Canada. Really I guess depends on what you want to spend? I know guys who pay 27000 then take it apart a year later change everthing and spend thousands. Or you can buy cheaper and then take apart and still spend thousands but the original price was lower? (like i did) So....now that I've totally confused you. I will shut up. :newsmile040:

Its a buyers market out there shop around...

Thank you all for your info and advise - the bike sold while I was contemplating - oh well. I think I will wait for a newer bike - 06-07-08 or so.

Bill

Thank you all for your info and advise - the bike sold while I was contemplating - oh well. I think I will wait for a newer bike - 06-07-08 or so.

Bill

Remember the 06 is an 88 with a 5 speed and the 07-08 is a 96 with a 6 speed.

Back