free website stats program 2000 Heritage Carbed TC88 engine light-HELP | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 Heritage Carbed TC88 engine light-HELP

I would pull it apart again and recheck every thing. When it does start how does it sound. Are the lifters noisy is the engine backfiring etc. I am sure you did some thing wrong and it is not some failure some where else
kemo

So I just got done going through it and I started the bike and immediately disconnected the BAS and it is running fine. But I assume the BAS needs to be hooked up when I put it into gear, do I replace it or is there something else I can do?

So is that what you would do, does that sound correct? I am thinking that this may be correct, but I was hoping for a second opinion.

Until you put the sprockets on, there is no timing. To time this engine, you need to take off the outer sprockets, take out the plugs and put the tranny in 4th or 5th gear. Raise the rear wheel. Align the marks on the ends of the cam shafts so they are directly next to each other (pointing at each other). Then mount the sprockets and chain with the marks on the sprockets pointing at each other. That times the engine. Adjust the pushrods. Button up the cam cover, install the plugs and go.

See here for a pictorial:

TQ's Engine Build - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Last edited:
Back