2000 FXDL No Spark

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Phil b, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Phil b

Phil b New Member

All other electrical functions working, lights, starter, etc. Engine is turning over but no spark, however I know the coil is good. I know that there are 4 sensors that talk to the ignition module. I assume that any one of them or the I.M. itself could be bad or is there some other explanation. In any case I don't know how to proceed.

Jack Klarich likes this.
  2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

3. LeeBob

LeeBob New Member

Check crank sensor. easy to replace

Don't want u to think that I'm not responding. Thank for this info. Have not tried it yet. Will let you know what I find. Thanks again.

Thanks. As u probably know there r three other sensors and the ignition module any of which could b the culprit. Someone else provided info on how to test. I'll let u know what I find. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2016
    Jack Klarich likes this.
  4. LeeBob

LeeBob New Member

my 2002 el. glide was doing same things. I had coil tested, replaced ign. module, ( Dynatek), fuel shut off valve, finally replaced crank sensor. If you look at new verses old sensor, new one no longer has hole. I believe oil and metal can get in and eventually cause magnet in sensor to malfunction, mostly at low RPMs. Hope this helps and gets you back on the road.