free website stats program 2000 fatboy no spark | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 fatboy no spark

Yes! Thanks Bubbie, My books jump over the 2000-ish models so I am very lean on info around those years.

Do they say there is a way to clear error codes other than with 50 "clean" key cycles? That part alone would drive me crazy. I would have to buy one of those Digital Tech Scan-Analyzers.:)

50 Key re-styarts at :30 seconds each OR a scanalizer.

Yes NUTs:D

signed....BUBBIE

ok guys I changed the crank position sensor and the bike still has the same issue of dieing with no spark and i can cycle the ignition switch or the off run switch on the right handle bar and it will start back up and may run for a few seconds to several minutes.

I changed the crank position sensor and the bike still has the same issue of dieing with no spark

Is there any chance you can upload a copy/scan of the page that covers the ignition system wiring. My books are of no help. Need to see the complete primary side.

When you check for codes, you have clr, clr, etc. There are no "set" codes.

sorry i don't have any way of copying or scanning the manual ignition wiring system. according to the manual you get 6 quick check engine light flashes then a pause and then you have to count the flashes after that. all i get is 6 quick flashes pauses then repeats 6 quick flashes.

ok guys i found the problem it was a loose ground wire on the frame. thanks everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Folks: I have a 2000 road king that will not spark at plugs. I tried starting when bike was very cold about 32 degrees and it started then quite, started then quiet, then no spark. I tested the battery and found it low charge it and jumped it to make sure I had good voltage but still no spark. the bike is totally stock and I an at a loss. Any suggestion would help.

Do you have a service manual?? If you have a spark tester try that first. You model should have a cam positioning sensor and a crank position sensor. Either one could be bad or your coil. A manual would realy help. You can also look for codes by way of the Check Engine Light (CEL).
tourbox

Is the ECM plug tight? Its under side cover. It's hard to say, tourbox gave you some good advice....other than what he said it is possible the voltage regulator could be shot.

If the Road King is fuel injected the issue might just be the low battery voltage. The ECM cuts off when the voltage drops below a certain point (around 9 volts) thus the lack of a spark.

Check the voltage if you can while trying to start your bike. Your solution might just be a new battery.

Good luck, and let us know what you find out and your solution.

Back