free website stats program 2000 Fat Boy Interment Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 Fat Boy Interment Problem

movingman313

After driving it a long period of time (10-15 miles), it will cut out, back fire, and flashing code. HD did a dinogstic said "Voltage out of range". I have replaced the voltage regulator and engine timing sensor. Still having the problem. Bike starts fine, it's not like the battery is low, but when it starts flashing codes the headlight goes dim until the code finish flashing then it goes bright again. Any suggestions of what I need to do next?

Thanks. I checked it over and I don't find anything. I didn't see any problems. Could it be a moduler gone bad?

I've had that problem on my 2000 dyna and it turned out to be BOTH the crank sensor(left front engine by oil filter) AND the cam sensor(nose cone)........

just that way on my bike......

signed....BUBBIE

After driving it a long period of time (10-15 miles), it will cut out, back fire, and flashing code. HD did a dinogstic said "Voltage out of range". I have replaced the voltage regulator and engine timing sensor. Still having the problem. Bike starts fine, it's not like the battery is low, but when it starts flashing codes the headlight goes dim until the code finish flashing then it goes bright again. Any suggestions of what I need to do next?

ANOTHER THOUGHT......... HAVE YOU CHECKED THE COIL? THAT COULD CAUSE THE CUTTING OUT AFTER IT GETS HOT AND BIKE GETS UP TO RUNNING TEMP...

after code is done??? does it run ok or not? or is it dead?

signed....BUBBIE

Back