free website stats program 2000 Dyna | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 Dyna

Does it still die if you give it some throttle? If it will run while you are holding the throttle then adjust your idle screw.

Like mentioned above, we need more info, not just that it dies. That tells us nothing other than it dies.

What have you changed, added or done lately to the bike prior to this happening?

Like mentioned above, we need more info, not just that it dies. That tells us nothing other than it dies.

What have you changed, added or done lately to the bike prior to this happening?

Also is it carb or injected? Has it been sitting for a long time? Any recent work or modifications?

ok bike has been setting up closeto a year its carb and I think that may be the problem you can hit it with a sqirt of starting fluid and it fires but only for a second you can see the gas going in throat of carb but doesent seem to be doing anything also drained tank and put in new gas thanks for replys sorry for confusion wife as been relaying messages:small3d014:

just went and tried spraying fuel down carb crank right up spray bottle acts just like throttle any ideas short of removing carb to clean it up:small3d014:

It looks like it's time to open up the carb and clean it out paying close attention to clearing the jets. From sitting they are probably varnished over and you are getting no supply of gas to the engine through them.

It looks like it's time to open up the carb and clean it out paying close attention to clearing the jets. From sitting they are probably varnished over and you are getting no supply of gas to the engine through them.

YES on all the post above.

The 2000 has a vacuum line from the carb to the gas tank valve.. It automatically shuts off regardless of the position of the lever.. Vacuum Needs to be checked for Flow for gas..

I would take loose-off the fuel line at carb and Pull loose the vacuum line at the tank off-on-resv. valve.
I use a flex straw, Fits over the nipple at the valve Just Fine,,,,

With gas valve turned to ON, use a little mouth suction on the straw, Lightly sucking vacuum to open the valve so you can catch the gas in your can?

If NO gas at this valve and it is on, you have a problem Here and not the carb.

My 2000 fxds had a bad valve and a new replacement worked great.. I would keep this type of valve(vacuum) as it is a good safe feature on this bike.

signed....BUBBIE

With gas valve turned to ON, use a little mouth suction on the straw, Lightly sucking vacuum to open the valve so you can catch the gas in your can?

signed....BUBBIE

That might not be the best place to catch the gas :laugh

Last edited:
Back