free website stats program 2000 Dyna 30 amp circuit breaker | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 Dyna 30 amp circuit breaker

cool breeze

Can somebody tell me where it is located. Has direct short. Positive battery post against frame. Now nothing, no power or nothing. :(:newsmile08:

Can somebody tell me where it is located. Has direct short. Positive battery post against frame. Now nothing, no power or nothing. :(:newsmile08:

I think you will find all the dyna fuzes in the left side next to the seat. The chrome cover PULLS off.. It is rubber Plug mounted and PULLS straight back off.. Don't drop it.. It goes ONLY one way back... Pushes on easily.. Make sure it is tightly back and into place, rubber plugs holding into the holes...

Once this cover is off you will see the fuse panel.... NO,,, Not There Yet...

these are regular plug and play fuses and not over 15 amp..(?check if you like)

Take Off the next flat cover plate and then you will find a Main circuit breaker... on the bottom right on the Next plate...

So,Lets see if you got it?
Remove the pull off chrome cover, Take off the first plate behind that and on the bottom right on the next plate is the Main Circuit Breaker..(rect. shaped)

I had a 2000FXDS

signed....BUBBIE

I never had a problem with my 30 amp Main Circuit Breaker..

It may have been on a re-call and it is said some TC bikes from 99 thru 2003 may have had a 50 amp installed.. Just information You need to check out...

You can find information on a recall. HD list of recalls?

Post answers here so others will learn... Incld'n me.:newsmile036:

signed....BUBBIE

thanks Bubbie i'll check that out this afternoon . belongs to a friend been setting up two flat tires and i was thinking dead battery but when i took seat off there it was hot post up against frame and batt still put out about 10 volts.:newsmile011:

batt still put out about 10 volts.

10 volts across a battery while having no load is going to be 5 volts with the headlights on. (headlight may not be glowing but the load will pull the 10 volts your reading down even further)

(If I understand correctly) How does a positive battery post wind up being dead shorted against the frame?

The battery is either completely run down or shot.

have it on charger now to see if it charges . Hoople what would be first thing to check besides batt when this thing has been setting with positive post against frame:small3d014:

what would be first thing to check besides batt when this thing has been setting with positive post against frame

At this time, nothing but the battery. Remember that if the battery was charged up and the positive post hit the frame by accident, the arc could electrically spike (voltage spike) everything that was energized or turned on at that time. If that ever happened to a late model 2011 bike while turned on or running, it would probably cause thousands in $$ damage. A model year 2000 bike does not have many solid state modules in it. Especially a carb model.

But before thinking the worse and jumping to conclusions, charge or replace the battery and see if the headlight now comes on. It probably will. Keep a meter across the battery the entire time you are testing so you can monitor what is going on.

The circuit breaker really does not play a roll in it at this point.

Hey Cool,

The fuse panel you will see under the chrome cover, looking down on it (fuse box) has; center bottom is the accessories..
Top right = instruments, middle right= ignition, bottom right= lights,
All 15 amp fuses...

So simple protection there.....

signed....BUBBIE

Back