free website stats program 2000 Deuce - popping on roll offs and spitting carb | Harley Davidson Forums

2000 Deuce - popping on roll offs and spitting carb

jayes

Just bought a 2000 deuce. It has vance and hines long shots. I can not get this thing to run right for the life of me. I get it close to good then the next day it runs like crap and i am re adjusting again! It pops on high speed roll offs (which drives me nuts) and it spits out of the carb at low speed and idle. Also, when i get on it it takes off like a bat out of hell and the feels like its stuck in the sand!!!!
Please help!!!!

Could be several different things, have you ever rebuilt the carb? if not being a 2000 it's due.
If you seem to have found that sweet spot when adjusting the carb it really shouldn't change from day to day.

When was the last time it was tuned up, plugs, and wires? How long have you had the issue?
How many miles on the clock?

Any other mods other than the exhaust?

Last edited:
Agree with Jeff; start with the carb. Pull it off, take apart, blow out all jets and passages, check diaphragm for holes/tears, check needle and seat, set float level. Have you removed the aluminum cap/cover over the A/F adjustor? The OP needs to start with a known baseline and making sure all is right with the carb is the place to start and work from there.;)

Back