free website stats program 200 series rubber on a Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

200 series rubber on a Ultra

Scrounger

Has anyone been running a 200 series 18" tire on a 2010 dresser? Whats your opinion on it and did you have any fitment issues?

Thanks

Regards,

Matthew

Hey Matthew I'm waiting on response to your question also, it should be interesting. One thing I think might be a problem is the ABS system on the ultra limited, changing tire size, even profile can mess with the computerized ABS system, I know when ever I run a bike on the dyno with ABS, instant trouble codes because front & rear wheel rotation comes into play, the system reads both wheels and they have to jive.

Chopper that is one of the items I'm trying to research also. I see LOTS of new Limited's with 21" front rubber and no one seems to be complaining about ABS issues with them. Most of those bikes also have a 18" rear tire. I would think that the system has to be sophisticated enough to be able to figure this one out.

Makes you wonder about the speedometer accuracy also.

Matthew

I do agree with Hobbit, but sometimes cool blindsides common sense, check out fat baggers like Biglew said, they had some really rad stuff but have not dealt with them since ABS, they might have a cure. good luck & let us know.

Can someone answer why the ABS would throw codes on a dyno?
From all the tech I have read on the HD ABS it is not a linked system,unlike the Goldwing.
On a dyno only the rear wheel turns, the front wheel is locked in a chauk and both wheels have a sensor on them that send signals to the ABS brain telling it what's happening so it can react as needed. When only one wheel is turning the brain knows somethings not right, freeks out, shuts down, throws a code and gives the operator full control of the brakes.

check your owners manual and the dealer. there is a very small percentage of variation in sizes (overall height) that will work. the 200 tire may have to have a profile of 50 to be within the tolerance. i checked on new wheels and wanted 17" front and back. can't be done without a bunch of money more. the other point the dealer made was that the handling may change adversely when stuff gets altered beyond the design scope. while a 200 tire may not be that far off, going to an 18" wheel may upset the cart.

Back