free website stats program 200 rear question | Harley Davidson Forums

200 rear question

Turk55

Got an 09 SG with 200 rear tire on it, question I have is it normal to the tire to be offset to one side more than other? Looking from the rear, the tire sets to the left to the point that it just rubs the drive belt. someone said that the 200 is offset but this doesnt seem right.:nosad

If the tire/wheel has been off the bike, there's a possibility that the spacers are incorrectly installed OR the wheel is not lined up right.

So I find out that the spacers are on correctly, problem is that eventhough Harley offers a 200 kit to put on the SG they did not make a change to the spacers:small3d015: so here is question, they do offer the Fat Boy with a 200 on it, any reason I can't use a set of these to center my wheel?

So I find out that the spacers are on correctly, problem is that eventhough Harley offers a 200 kit to put on the SG they did not make a change to the spacers:small3d015: so here is question, they do offer the Fat Boy with a 200 on it, any reason I can't use a set of these to center my wheel?

The sprockets won't line up.

The engine will have to be offset to line up the front sprocket to the rear sprocket.

There must be a difference in the rear fork or main frame.

Al

So I guess the only way to fix the problem is to do some measuring and have a machine shop make some up.

Back