free website stats program 20% Discount Deal or Rip Off? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

20% Discount Deal or Rip Off?

If you get a 20%discount and have to put it on your Credt card where rates go as high as 19% interest you ain't saving much. Cash is king.

If there is one item you have your heart set on buy it and you will feel like you took advantage of the discount.there will be other discounts through out the year and as you can see from the other posts there is plenty of opportunity.You can always go on H-D .com and create a wish list and send out to family and friends and get them to buy stuff for you.

I order all my big ticket items from Chicago Harley... they offer 20% off and you do not have to pay sales tax. You do have to pay shipping but for me it has always been less than what I would have had to pay for the sales tax here locally. Anything in the Harley catalog is always 20% off...

The dealer I go to gives you 15% off for as long as the bike is under the 2 year warranty & if you get the extended warranty you still get 15% off for 5 more years for a total of 7 years . In Michigan you have a 7% sales tax but the dealer takes the 15% off first so you only pay tax on the discount price .

I agree with the posts, sit on it. The "discount days" will be here for a while, at least until the economy picks up big time. It's best not to strap yourself. I have always lived by the rule:"when in doubt, do without". Also, keep this in mind; when a store offers you a "25%" discount, it's mostly because they were charging you 25% too much to begin with.....

I second chicago HD, 20% off, Im local so have to pay sales tax but no shipping since I can go pick it up. Good people to deal w/ they even offer free winter storage at their glenview location.

Back