free website stats program 20% Discount Deal or Rip Off? | Harley Davidson Forums

20% Discount Deal or Rip Off?

Hello. I just bought a new bike. I get a 20% discount on all parts and apparrel for 1 month. I am really interested buying some new acc. for the bike. The parts are pretty expensive and having a 20% discount makes for a significant discount. Unfortunately I am little strapped for cash now. Should I spend a little beyond my means now to get the discount or is the discount something that you can get all the time? Thanks,

Sit on it for now. Most dealers will have discount days through out the year, usually around Christmas and other special days.

I wouldn't overextend myself. My approach is to not let a bike become a financial burden. I don't buy what I can't afford, particularly "luxury" items for a bike.

Like Kemo says you can wait for the discount days or special bargins.
However, there are several reputable dealers who offer 20% discount to orders placed online. This is available all the time.
Don't strap yourself for cash cause you can get the same discounts anytime.

Don't strap yourself, most dealers will give at least 10% discount if you bought a new bike or if you're a local HOG member. The additional 10% off isn't worth overextending yourself. JMO.

Never "overextend" yourself to get the good "deal"...as new ones are coming up all the time and as most of the earlier posters have said, Zanotti's HD and others offer significant savings online already. HD is a passion and a "luxury item"...keeping food on the table and the family happy are always the first mission in our lives. The HD is also a mental therepy item...relax...and enjoy lifes precious moments, not aggravating about financials.

If you do come into some cash say 6 to 7 weeks from now it wont hurt to ask them if they will still honor the discount. They said I had a month that the discount was good for when I bought my last bike. When I came back to get some acc's it was like 6 weeks later but I asked and they still let me have the discount. I'd ask no matter how long it has been. I'd just say I hadn't had the money till then. Couldn't hurt

Back