free website stats program 20-50 full syn oil | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

20-50 full syn oil

Autozone also has a sale a couple time a year. I take advantage of it when it come around. I have run the Mobil filter before and had no issues, they seem to be a pretty good product. I'm kicking around the idea of using the K&N next, I like the welded nut idea on the filter.

The nut is the reason I use them. I trust K&N also has my trust.

Isn't it strange that hardly anyone uses the Syn 3 sold by Harley? Is it that bad or is everyone so anti Harley dealership they refuse to use their products? Just wondering.

Isn't it strange that hardly anyone uses the Syn 3 sold by Harley? Is it that bad or is everyone so anti Harley dealership they refuse to use their products? Just wondering.

I don't think it's a anti Harley statement but has more to do with there's as good or better products out there. Take a look at some of the polls here on the forum and see what people are using and why. Lots of different opinions on what works best.

I do make fun at times about their Oil...

Mind you, HD gets Lowest bids for their oil (Many companies do that too). Their Lubes Do meet the specs from their Engineering people...

I just didn't like the country it was Bought from. AND I still call it SIN3.

Where they REALLY lost me was One Oil For All 3 Holes... (in our TC's)

I still believe in ONE lube for each Hole...

Engine oil- 10w60... 20/50 or 20/60 full synthetic.
Primary (TC) Wet clutch approved gear oil. (MTL)
85/140 Gear oil for the tranny. (Redline ShockProof Heavy 85w/250)

There are many Good oils/lubes out there and I would rather Buy from a Manufacturer making their Own Like Redline or use the German made 10w60 LiquiMoly for their High Dollar Fancy Gas Motored/Diesel German cars.

Yes, the HD company does have a good oil I use. Formula+ for my 1200 R sport Clutch/tranny/primary fill... One of the Better Mineral Oils...

signed....BUBBIE

Back