free website stats program 2 Up Mustang Seat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2 Up Mustang Seat

Danthern, thanks for the feedback on the Mustang rear fender bib. My only experience with Mustang products are the two seats I bought for my bikes, and I was very happy with the comfort & quality. So, I'm not surprised that you also mentioned the quality of their bib. Mustang also has great customer service.

I asked my question primarily because of the big difference in price between the Mustang & H-D bibs.

When you put the rear seat on, do you install it on top of the bib, or do you have to remove the bib? It would be nice is there's enough leeway to be able to fasten the rear seat down as the bib would be protect the fender paint.

I only use it with my solo seat. When I use my 2 up I take it off, it's too tight a fit if I were to leave it on. I don't have a passenger pillion so I can't say how that would work.

I’m going to buy a mustang seat; I’m looking at a Vintage wide 2up. Isn’t 12.5 in. wide a little wide for the back of a Dyna? Anybody got pictures?

If you get it & put it on your FXDC, post a Pic! I have the same bike & would luv to see it!

I just bought the wide vintage touring seat for my 02 superglide. I absolutely love it. Prior to this I had a HD Badlander seat and there is no comparison between the two. The mustang is certainly better for longer rides. Personally I think it looks really nice too, but that's all just personal opinion.

Mustang has a few choices for its 2-piece Vintage seat that you can consider. Prior to me buying my Vintage 2-piece seat for my '07 FXDL, I swapped email with a guy named Ike who is a customer service rep at Mustang. He was extremely helpful and this is what I found out from him

The wider front seat for my bike is model #76109. it usually is paired up with the #76119 rear seat, which is 12.5" wide.

They also offer front seat model #76107 which is a bit smaller than the #76109 but it is essentially the same seat as far as shape, comfort, etc., is concerned, just a bit smaller. The #76107 is usually paired up with rear seat #76117, which is 9.5" wide but looks just like the wider #76119.

You can mix/match these four model #s so that you can have the larger front seat with the narrower rear seat or vice versa. I ended up going with the 76109/76119, which is the same setup I had on my previous bike and am quite happy with it.

I had the Vintage 2 up on my '06 SG. Rider section was 13.5 wide and pass. was 9.5. Never had a passenger on it but I still say that was the best $350 i spent on that bike.

Mustang Wide Vintage 2up. Passenger seat is fine with my wife. It's only 12" at one point in the center. It's kinda hourglass shaped.
r_w_b-albums-new+mods+jan+2011-picture6183-how_she_looks_as_of_jan_19th_2011_mustand_wide_vintage_seat_2_tank_lift_h_d_oil_cooler_lenale_fan_relocated_front_and_rear_signal_bullets_new_front_motor_mount_and_washer_shim.jpg

Hey Ed !! Do you still have the part # for that Mustang seat?It really looks sharp and my wife would really love the extra room on back.Thats an awesome looking 2005 you have there! Thanx in advance...Ian

Hey Ed !! Do you still have the part # for that Mustang seat?It really looks sharp and my wife would really love the extra room on back.Thats an awesome looking 2005 you have there! Thanx in advance...Ian
These are the numbers I used when I bought the set in 2007: Mustang Wide Seat W/backrest M-79338, Mustang Wide Studded Rear Seat M-79132. You won't be disappointed.

That is the seat I run when 2up and I think it looks just fine and more importantly, VERY comfortable on long trips. Can't post pics yet, but you see on my web site.

Back