free website stats program 2" Tank Lift ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2" Tank Lift ?

Hey that tank lift looks cool.. Any reason other than looks or making the rocker box cover easier to clean you would need to lift the tank. Inquiring minds want to know? MD

Hey that tank lift looks cool.. Any reason other than looks or making the rocker box cover easier to clean you would need to lift the tank. Inquiring minds want to know? MD

Just a whole bunch of things. Some previously mentioned,
Rotates speedo up so it's easier to see (especially with a full face helmet on)
Makes it sooooo much easier to polish rockers
Keeps you tank off the hot heads
Makes the lines of your bike look better, more like the old chopper tank mount.
Makes it easier to do the top alignment adjustment.
Makes it possible to pop wires out from bottom of frame neck without sliding tank back.
Makes it possible to run tach wires back to coil (properly) without removing tank.
I can't help but wonder why H.D. doesn't do this OEM.

Surely you jest - if they did it all OEM, we wouldn't be paying out Harley taxes.:D

Well yea on most of the aftermarket items. But H.D. is not in the tank rise market, besides this is so simple and inexpensive, in my opinion it would not only increase sales (with curb appeal) but make warranty maintenance easier. To me it's a win win for OEM.

The second most loved bike I ever had (Harley being the foremost) was a Triumph Bonneville from your side of the pond.

I have a 2" tank lift. It does look good. On the FXDC it does effect your fuel gauge reading though. Bought mine from a member of another forum. He sells them on ebay his shop is in Michigan.

I have a 2" tank lift. It does look good. On the FXDC it does effect your fuel gauge reading though. Bought mine from a member of another forum. He sells them on ebay his shop is in Michigan.

Some say it does, other's don't notice. But physics say yes you are correct.

But it also gives you more cushion on Empty......

Course if H.D. did the lift OEM that could be rectified for new bikes.

I sometimes wonder how much H.D. listens to these forums. I was amazed when on another forum a guy posted a cooling test of the Lenale Fan and several Engineers (not sure if they were H.D. engineers) replied saying
-the test was not valid since the rpm was less than 2000rpm and air cooled engines were meant to be running at least at that-
.......... say what?...........yep that was their answer. Even though it was explained in the pretest notes, I don't think they even had a clue what the Lenale Fan was designed for.

Back