free website stats program 2" Tank Lift ? | Harley Davidson Forums

2" Tank Lift ?

I would like to put a 2" tank lift on my 08 fxdc and was going to try to make the brackets. I can't find a good picture of a tank lift kit to see the brackets.
Do the brackets have rubber bushing in the bolt holes, or can you just use a 2 " piece of aluminum (or steel) to make the brackets and just drill holes for the bolts?

I found that kit, but you can't get a good view of the brackets. I would think that you could make the brackets out of some flat stock and save $50. Is there something I'm missing?

I would like to put a 2" tank lift on my 08 fxdc and was going to try to make the brackets. I can't find a good picture of a tank lift kit to see the brackets.
Do the brackets have rubber bushing in the bolt holes, or can you just use a 2 " piece of aluminum (or steel) to make the brackets and just drill holes for the bolts?

I've never seen one with rubber bushings. The OEM arrangement (at least on any I have seen) do not have rubber bushings.

Yes you can make your own (some have) but you will either have to weld an offset into the bracket OR use washers and longer bolts.

The previously buy links are good choices.

Here is a link to a guy that made his. To get around the offset he just bent the aluminum he made it from.

BEFORE

tn767s3.jpg

AFTER NEW BARS

tn768s3.jpg

AND>>>AFTER THE TANK LIFT (HOME MADE BY THE WAY...)

tn769s3.jpg

tn770s3.jpg

I made the tank lift out of a small sheet of aluminum.measured, bent, drilledand bolted that sucker on.!! Saved me 50 bucks!! And keeps the lines of the bike together.. Here are some more pics..

tn771s3.jpg

tn772s3.jpg

tn766s3.jpg

Thanks R W B. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

I wasn't sure if you could see the photos without registering as a member, but hopefully you saw enough of what you wanted.

He didn't say if he had access to a brake bender, but you could probably clamp some 2x4s on it and bend it with a hammer. If you have a propane torch try heating it up some first.

Back