2" Tank Lift ?

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Glider-Rider, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Glider-Rider

Glider-Rider Member

I would like to put a 2" tank lift on my 08 fxdc and was going to try to make the brackets. I can't find a good picture of a tank lift kit to see the brackets.
    Do the brackets have rubber bushing in the bolt holes, or can you just use a 2 " piece of aluminum (or steel) to make the brackets and just drill holes for the bolts?

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

3. Glider-Rider

Glider-Rider Member

I found that kit, but you can't get a good view of the brackets. I would think that you could make the brackets out of some flat stock and save $50. Is there something I'm missing?

4. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson Banned

5. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

6. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

I've never seen one with rubber bushings. The OEM arrangement (at least on any I have seen) do not have rubber bushings.

Yes you can make your own (some have) but you will either have to weld an offset into the bracket OR use washers and longer bolts.

The previously buy links are good choices.

7. Glider-Rider

Glider-Rider Member

Thanks all. That's what I needed to know. It helps a lot.

8. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Here is a link to a guy that made his. To get around the offset he just bent the aluminum he made it from.

9. Glider-Rider

Glider-Rider Member

Thanks R W B. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

10. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

I wasn't sure if you could see the photos without registering as a member, but hopefully you saw enough of what you wanted.

He didn't say if he had access to a brake bender, but you could probably clamp some 2x4s on it and bend it with a hammer. If you have a propane torch try heating it up some first.