free website stats program 2 into 1 | Harley Davidson Forums

2 into 1

weblefty

Im looking for a recommendation on a decent sounding (not too loud) set of pipes (2 into 1) in ceramic black. I have a 00 FXDX and I really like the Vance and Hines, but they dont make a 2 into 1 set in ceramic black for the 00, only 06 and up. They make plenty for sporty's and touring models. Any recommendations? Also, looking to mount the hanging turn signals on the front to the three tree. I want to use the existing stock lights and am just looking for a hardware kit to remount them. Want to do the same with the back and put them on the side of the rear fender. Wanted to go LED, but Im told that the low amperage makes the bike electrics act goofy so Im sticking with the stock lights. Thanks a million in advance.

Thunderheader has always gotten good performance reviews. IMO they sound good, and are not terribly loud. Search ebay for "harley 2 into 1 exhaust". You don't have to buy from ebay, but it's a good place to see what's available with a minimum of searching.
Search "Harley turn signal relocation" on ebay, there's dozens of options that use your existing units. Some economical, some spendy. You are correct that LED's make signals goofy unless an equalizer is added.

Thanks a lot, gentlemen. I really appreciate the help. Half the battle when you get your first Harley is knowing where to look for things and for help. You guys make that easy. I really appreciate it.

I have a 2 into 1 - Thunderheader on my '06 Dyna. I like the performance and the sound to me is fairly loud, but I have received many compliments on it from other riders...ask my neighbors, especially since I put the saddlebags on (creates more echo). If I get a chance I can post some video tomorrow. I do plan on replacing these sometime in the next year or 2, going to a V&H Pro Performance in black as I have 2 issues with the TH.
1 - the pipes come down rather low, so before I put the forward controls on them I used to scrape the pipes on some corners
2 - The black did not hold up well, they look pretty rusted up and dull to me now.

You also have another option, which is get the pipes you want and sent them off to a ceramic coater...I've contemplated this with my TH's to freshen them up.

As for the front turn signsl, the HD mounting kit does this. Pretty easy job and the brackets are only $25.

As for the rear, isn't this where they are, or are you wanting to relocate them to the back along with the license plate. I got a lay down bracket from West End Motorsports. When I get the video done you'll be able to see all this. Just give me till tomorrow as I have a pretty full day today.

Back