2-into-1

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by saintNH, Feb 21, 2010.

1. saintNH

saintNH Member

I am looking for a 2-into-1 pipe that is "classic" looking. I was looking at the roadhouse classic with the serrated heat shield and also the thunderheader 2-into-1. I am seeing a lot of blueing on the thunderheader pipe and have heard the same about the roadhouse. does anyone have a recommendation?

2. buck484

buck484 Active Member Contributor

I have a Kerker on my 04. I love the sound and look.

3. billst

billst Member

i have the thunderheader 2 into 1. love the looks and sound. about 30,000 kl and no blueing so far

4. saintNH

saintNH Member

I am aware that the heat shields cover most blueing from being seen. But if I understand it correctly, the thunderheader does not have a heatshield, correct? I will look into the Bassanis and Kerker. Thanks.

5. hogrotten

hogrotten Junior Member

I put a set of Samson Caliber 2-1 on my 08 and noticed the difference in performance imediately! As far as classic looks ?

6. Tippy

Tippy Member

I have the thunderheader 2 into 1. Yes it does have the heat shield the performance is excellent, looks and sound great about 10,000 K on my 07 Deuce and no blueing so far.:newsmile055:

7. saintNH

saintNH Member

So it does have a heat shield on the headers? I thought it did not.

8. billst

billst Member

that may be true. mine has 3 shields on it.

9. saintNH

saintNH Member

can anyone identify the 2 into 1 on this link? I found them for sale, and the person does not know what make they are. I like the look but would like to know what they are. at the end of the pipe there it flares out.
    harley davidson softail parts

10. mc2

mc2 Active Member Contributor

I put Rienhart 2 into 1 with a baffel on my 08 fat boy. Like the looks, sound and performance. Have shields, but they are bluing too. No matter. I don't mind the bluing look, adds to the character of a road bike!

BUT, if you have saddle bags, and clearance is at a minimum, no matter what 2 into 1 you do get, you should consider the long pipe to extend beyond the bag, or put a deflector on the end.
    You can check out some before deflector and after in my album.