free website stats program 2 into 1 exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

2 into 1 exhaust

rebels1

I have a 2007 Streetbob and want to switch out the stock exhaust ,for a 2 into 1 system. Has anybody had any dealings with this . Looking foward to all your imput.

As Hobbit suggested you will need a fuel and air cleaner upgrade to get full effect and have a better running motor. On my FXDL I went with Rinehart 2 into 1, TFI module and SE air cleaner. I have not ridden the bike yet, still winter here. I fired it up in the garage and thought it sounded great! Has a very deep rumble sound and yea pretty loud, not barky! I have to say the fit and finish is excellent. Hope this helps.

I installed Rinehart 2-1,also went with a SERT. I haven't ridden much since but I really like the sound, it has more deep tones than stock. Got about 12 additional lbs of torque and 13.5 H.P. according to dyno

I have an 07 stree bob and have ordered the Rinehart 2-1 exhaust and the Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1 Air Cleaner/intake from my dealer, as he met the online prices I found, which I found interesting. I was planning on just doing the HD fuel map download. Is this a mistake? Should I scrap the HD fuel map download and get a Power Commander III or other fuel management?

I have an 07 stree bob and have ordered the Rinehart 2-1 exhaust and the Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1 Air Cleaner/intake from my dealer, as he met the online prices I found, which I found interesting. I was planning on just doing the HD fuel map download. Is this a mistake? Should I scrap the HD fuel map download and get a Power Commander III or other fuel management?

The downloads are meant to be used with strictly harley parts and are even lean then. When you go to the 2 into 1, you'll be even leaner. I would go with the PC III or the TFI which you can do yourself real easy. No maps to download with the TFI but it doesn't change the timing. Only difference is the HD download raises the RPM limiter to 6200 . I really see no use for that limit being the heads and cam limit the useful power band to much below that limit. I have the TFI on my bike and the 5800 limit is more than enough.

When you spin a stock motor much over about 4000-4500, you're not doing anything but spinning it. The power curve passed you by already.

Glider, thanks. Does that mean just skip the harley download altogether and get the PC3 or TFI? IF I do that, will I be able to ride it home 60 miles from the dealer to get it home and installed. Also, I am a limited mechanical person on motorcycles...still think I can put on the fuel mgmt. system? I'll do some checking on both systems on their websites. Thanks again.
Hugh

Glider,
Thanks for the great info. I read all the website stuff and the tips sections as well. So, this is what I have decided. I am going to have the Dealer put on the Rinehart 2 into 1's and the Arlen Ness Big Sucker. Then, drivie it slow without lugging or overreving about 6 miles to Precision V-Twins in Nesbit, MS and have them put on a PCIII and dyno-tune that set-up. I talked to the dyno guy himself for half an hour and he got me to a great level of comfort. He's been tuning for 25 years and has a great rep from the folks I talked to. $600 for the PCIII and dyno time of 2.5 hours, and tuning. Pre and Post reports from the dyno. Tweaks as needed if problems arise and one year warranty on PCIII and the tuning. See any red flags?

Seems like a reasonable price for the unit AND tune. It usually takes about 5 pulls on the dyno to set things up.

You shouldn't see any problems driving it those 6 miles.

My dealer tried and tried to sell thunderheaders to me. They said they are the best performing 2-1 pipe on the market.They all had them on there bikes , great sounding but ugly. Myself I do not like the look of a 2-1 on a dyna. But thats just me. I went with the rinehart flush, sounds great and gained 11hp.

Back