free website stats program 2.0 or 1.75 Rush for '04 Sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

2.0 or 1.75 Rush for '04 Sportster

gadzooks

I have seen lots of posts for FI bikes, so I'm unsure of how much difference there would be for my '04 883.

What kind of sound difference is there between the 2.0 and 1.75 Rush slip ons? I don't want the bike to be obnoxiously loud, but definitely louder. I might not do the full stage 1 swap out right now, but will do it later down the road, for whatever difference that will mean between considering the 2.0 or 1.75.

Can anyone share any tips on the loudness / performance / fuel leanness for the 1.75 or 2.0?

Thanx.

Not a big difference between the two as far as sound but the 2" is a bit much considering the pipes are 1 3/4". Back pressure will be low in the system and bottom end will suffer because of this.

Thanx Glider,

I definitely don't want to sacrifice performance. Sound is a secondary consideration here ... performance is first.

I put on the 2" rush slip on's on my 883, and dindn't notice any difference in low end. Actually, the bike felt a little peppier. I have then since added the TFI, and now the bike has more power band in each gear. Next will be the air cleaner. As far as noise, the 2" are not bad, they have a good low idle, nice bark on throttle and mellow low end cruise.

I spoke to a rep from Rush last weekend at Delmarva Bike Week and he recommends the 1.75 for sportsters to allow some backpressure since the engines are smaller than the big twins. But he did state you could put up to a 2 inch on without any other mods.

I had Rush slipons with 2.26" baffles on my NIghster. I did nothing else - put them on and that was it. No new air cleaner, remap, etc. Thought everything was fine - had them on for about 4,000 miles. I was in a bit of denial though. When hubby came home from riding it to check out a noise I thought was from the brakes he said the bike was running like crap, MAJOR popping on decel. I told him it had been doing that for quite some time, and he said it was worse then ever - he just didn't want to tell me and dissappoint me. We took them off and replaced them with the stock pipes - which as you know the sound SUCKS! But I have decided after a lot of research to put 1.75" baffles on and try that - MAYBE in the spring I'll do some of the other recommend work - but even Rush recommends only up to 1.75" for Sportsters unless you ARE going to do that other work. I have to admit, although the sound is awful, the bike is running like new again. But still - I need it to sound better and I am sure the 1.75" will be a major improvement over stock.

Back