free website stats program 1st service | Harley Davidson Forums

1st service

bradp

Hi Guy's/Gals. Just wondering what the dealer actually does to the bike for it's first service. I usually do most of my own work and would like to avoid the paying to have fluids changed only to change them to what I intend on using later. I noticed also going through the manual that there is a spot for the dealer to fill in mileage and sign to keep the warranty valid. This is the only dealer in my area and so far they have been good and would like to avoid any conflict with them.

You can do your own service,just write down mileage and keep your reciepts.It will not void your warranty

also print out the sheet from hd's web site so you can date it and write down what you did more room than in book

It may come back to haunt me later, but I haven't had the dealer mark my owner's manual, and they haven't indicated a need to. They have the records on my service in their computer, so I don't see it being a problem as long as I go back to them.

I'm not sure of everything they do on the 1K service, but I believe it includes making some adjustments and checking for loose bolts and nuts. It might be best to go ahead and have them do the 1K service, so they can't come back later if there's a warranty issue and say it's because of improper maintenance.

If you want to go with the dealer for the 1k service,supply them with the oils you wan't to run

Thanks for all the comments. This is my first HD and I want to make sure if I do the work myself that I cover all the bases. Hope to to have my new ride for a long time. Thanks again.

Back