1st Harley North to South Vietnam

Discussion in 'Road Trips/Touring' started by mc2, Feb 4, 2010.

1. mc2

mc2 Active Member Contributor

I didn't start out with an objective other than to just ride because I can. But, riding down the western branch of the Ho Chi Minh Road (many don't even know about a western branch) I thought about this. I am the first one to ride solo on all the HCM roads. Because I had the opportunity, I completed the ride to the southern most tip of Vietnam. The path literally ended about 2 meters from the water!

18,000+ miles in 11 months on an 08 Fat Boy. 1st to ride from China borders, up & down National Highway 1, both branches of the HCM road, and many other byways. A great adventure, lots of photos. Entertaining the idea of writing about it!

2. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

You should so others could enjoy the trip thru you. I would buy a copy for the pic's alone.

3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

China Mike: Sounds like an awesome ride that you only experience once in life. Thanks for sharing & definitely post some pics!

4. threesteps

threesteps Junior Member

What a trip that would be. You've gotta have some pics to share???

5. ron1978

ron1978 Active Member

would love to see pics!

6. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

What an awesome ride. Would also like to see the pictures of this as few of us will ever get to ride this area.

7. SeaRider04

SeaRider04 Active Member

I was there all over South VN but not on the Bike, Hummer/Jeep, but on foots most of the time. I do hope some day I'll be able to ride on my own bike to places that I once was there.

8. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Mike; From your other threads, I was wondering why an "08 needed wheel bearings, now I know.
    Do many of the Vietnameese, recognize or know about "Harleys"?

9. twoup

twoup Active Member

Waiting to hear/see more.

ride safe

Camp Red Devil '69/'70

10. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Wow once in a life time cant wait to see some pics