free website stats program 1st Harley North to South Vietnam | Harley Davidson Forums

1st Harley North to South Vietnam

mc2

Contributor
I didn't start out with an objective other than to just ride because I can. But, riding down the western branch of the Ho Chi Minh Road (many don't even know about a western branch) I thought about this. I am the first one to ride solo on all the HCM roads. Because I had the opportunity, I completed the ride to the southern most tip of Vietnam. The path literally ended about 2 meters from the water!

18,000+ miles in 11 months on an 08 Fat Boy. 1st to ride from China borders, up & down National Highway 1, both branches of the HCM road, and many other byways. A great adventure, lots of photos. Entertaining the idea of writing about it!

You should so others could enjoy the trip thru you. I would buy a copy for the pic's alone.

China Mike: Sounds like an awesome ride that you only experience once in life. Thanks for sharing & definitely post some pics!

What an awesome ride. Would also like to see the pictures of this as few of us will ever get to ride this area.

I was there all over South VN but not on the Bike, Hummer/Jeep, but on foots most of the time. I do hope some day I'll be able to ride on my own bike to places that I once was there.

Mike; From your other threads, I was wondering why an "08 needed wheel bearings, now I know.
Do many of the Vietnameese, recognize or know about "Harleys"?

Back