free website stats program 1999 FLHR Accessory Switch | Harley Davidson Forums

1999 FLHR Accessory Switch

wjsjr

My scoot is a 99' RoadKing FLHR. Just turned 50K.

I've got a "small" issue with the accessory switch mounted on the gas tank. I think the contacts might be corroded as I need to wiggle it a bit to get the engine light on the speedo, and headlights etc. Once I jiggle it and make the connection- no further problems. Which is why I'm posting....
Has anyone replaced this switch? Is it a complicated R&R or can a moderately adept wrench head change it out? The switch is a 71501-93 and runs ~ $200. Any thoughts? Comments?
Appreciation for your reply in advance!

Maybe before you buy a new switch you can remove yours and clean the contacts. Sounds like you have a ground issue more than a bad switch.

I don't think the switch is cleanable. There is a 3 wire connector on it that unplugs. The connector is female spades with male spades on the switch. There is an acorn nut above the switch and a pan head Phillips at the base of your dash. Take those out and lift the console up, flip over to see the connector. Speedo and all should stay in the console. This P/N is switch w/ key. 71313-96A IGNITION SWITCH W/ KEY $120.02. You would have to retain your old key for the fork lock etc.
tourbox

Back