free website stats program 1999 Dyna Lowrider ? | Harley Davidson Forums

1999 Dyna Lowrider ?

PackN

Looking for an Around Town and occasional Short Distant Bike.Found a 99 Dyna LR that has peaked my interest.Guy bought some Parts to upgrade it but is no longer interested in pursueing the Upgrading.What kind of Problems will I encounter with this year? Is it a Good Year for the Dyna? Has 40K miles.4k per yr. for last 4 yrs. Included with the Dyna is
Extra Set of Heads and Jugs Low Miles. Going to send out to Zippers or Hammerhead for work
New 3.875 Pistons 9.5:1 Compression
Extra V&H Short Shots
New Extra Zippers Dual Piston Cam Tensioners
Extra New Andrews 26 Cams
Detachable Windshield
New 2 Up Seat
Was @ $5,000 now at $4000.
I know it is a First Year Twinkie so need to know if that is a Deterent.All Valued Advice is Deeply Appreciated!
Thanks in Advance!
PackN

The first Dyna twin cams had problems with the stator loosing the magnets because they were bolted on, not rivited. At 40K miles, I would suspect the bike you are looking at has had this fixed. Ask the owner. Otherwise, $4k is not bad.

Pretty decent price @ &4K. In '99 the rear cam was a keyed cam and both outer cam bearings were ball bearings. They were both change around 2001. Look at your new cam to see if it is splines or keyed. Splines is the new design. If not then I would upgrade it along with the drive gear for the rear cam. Also while in the cam chest replace your inner cam bearings with Torringtons or the Screaming Eagle type. You could also check your pinion shaft run-out for 0.003" or less and go for Gear Drive cams if wanted, just more $$$.
tourbox

Back