1999 DWG accelerator nozzle problem

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by john frank, Jun 24, 2014.

1. john frank

john frank New Member

The accelerator nozzle on my Dyna wide glide does not squirt gas even after I have changed the diaphram and cleaned the carb. After cleaning, it works but after sitting for one day the gas does not come out of the nozzle. I have cleaned the carb several times and each time the nozzle works but stops after one or two days sitting idle. I do not know how to fix this problem. Would really appreciate any advise or help to fix this problem. Thanks in advance. John Frank
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Welcome to The Forum, did you change the needle and seat? Re check your float adjustment:D
  3. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

If you have a vacuum operated petcock there may be little or no fuel in the float bowl for the accelerator pump to work with
    Open fuel tap and crank the engine a few times then try snapping the throttle open to see if there is fuel from the accelerator pump

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

When you say "changed the diaphragm" you mean the dime size one in the bottom of the float bowl? Is your acc. pump linkage adjusted right? Strange that it works after cleaning, but not after a few days. There's almost always gas that low in the bowl.