free website stats program 1998 ultra radio problem | Harley Davidson Forums

1998 ultra radio problem

jackcu

Hi all. I havea 1998 ultra. Just recently my radio will not turn on. I was in the garage cycling thru the AM/FM/WEATHER switch when the display locked up. I recycled the ignition switch but all i get now is the clock to display. The radio will not turn on but with the clock being on I think it is getting power. All fuses ok. I did run the battery down the day before by leaving my ignition switch on, but I recharged it and it has plenty of juice showing 12.53 on the volt meter. So should I replace the selector switch or the radio. Or should I send it to harley so they can trouble shoot it. Any suggestions would be appreciated

If your clock is turn on that mean the radio have enough electric supply.I think your problem come from the radio itself,may be some wire have not connection properly,,as we know you have long time not turn on it,may be some circuit have broken inside it.
Come to harley service center is good way before you decided to buy selector switch.

By the way this radio have been combined with CB or not?

Jam

If your CB and radio on one unit that common problem should you have if the radio unit doesnt active in long time.You must take your bike to your dealer service centre to fix it.I hope you are not neccessary replace the cb module first, and the whole radio.

I have same problem with my FLHTCUI '06 where radio with way overmodulated,my dealer said if there need installed the 8.11 AAS software,but the facts didn't help :(.
Problem solved when I replace cb module and radio and paid more for my "second wife" :) .

WELL THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. i GUESS i WILL BITE THE BULLET AND TAKE IT TO HARLEY DEALER. i CAN HEAR A GIANT SUCKING SOUND COMING FROM MY WALLET

Wow Caplock message :D

Ok jackcu,please share here after you done fix your radio,then we can have reference in the future if we have same problem.

Jam

Back