free website stats program 1998 spoked wheels on my 1993 fatboy | Harley Davidson Forums

1998 spoked wheels on my 1993 fatboy

Jamie Schaefer

I have a 1993 Fatboy with the standard solid wheels. I found a set of spoked wheels, supposedly off a 1998 Fatboy?! Will they fit my 1993 without modification?Screenshot_2017-08-02-20-59-21-1.png

Should be an easy swap....both use 3/4" bearings...the only thing that may differ is the spacers. Put them on using your current spacers and verify the discs are aligned in the caliper/brake shoes. You could probably use a small tape measure through the axle holes to get an idea of the width of the two outside side faces of the bearings and compare them as well to see if the hub widths from bearing face to bearing face are the same...if that makes sense.

When I did this on my 06 using 02 wheels, I needed to keep the spacers with the wheels. The spoked wheels have that big chrome cone in the front that the cast wheels don't.

Welcome from So. Texas. Dan.1977P is correct. The wire wheel on a Heritage(FLTCC) does have a chrome hub cap on one side, There is a built in spacer on the inside of it. The spacer on the solid wheel may be the same length??
tourbox

Back