free website stats program 1998 Road King vs 2002 Road King | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1998 Road King vs 2002 Road King

2002 Road King vs 2003 Heritage Softail Classic

WOW, Thanks for all the great info, I appreciate all the advice.

If I sum it up, It looks like the '02 Road King would be a better buy.

I was also looking at a Heritage Softail Classic, but everyone I spoke to in person suggested that I would prefer the Road King due to my physical size (6'2" & 280 lbs). Although I think both bike models would be a great choice.

During my research, I did stumble upon many Heritage Softails for sale. In fact, yesterday I was approached with the following bike for sale.

2003 Heritage Softail Classic (100th Anniversary Edition, Black & Silver), with 31,000 miles, also a basic stock bike with the added slip-on Screaming Eagle Pipes. Cost: $1,0000 less then the 2002 Road King.

I thought I had a good buy with the '02 Road King, but now I don't know which would be a better buy?

I plan on using this bike for mostly bar-hopping type of rides, with the occasional weekend long rides. The wife will most likely not be coming along for the rides.

I would appreciate any advice you may have.
Sincerely,
Gunther

Between the two bikes the RK get's my vote. Had all models and the RK is just a better ride and more practical.

Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank everyone who took the time and effort to comment on this post. You comments and advice were very much appreciated.

You are now looking at a new 2002 Road King Classic Owner & Rider.

Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers :)

Gunther

Attachments

• 2002 Road King.jpg
    2002 Road King.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 34
Back