free website stats program 1998 dyna wideglide | Harley Davidson Forums

1998 dyna wideglide

Willstox

i took my bike to gateway harley davidson to get a regulator installed while talkin to the tech he told me about a special on screamin eagle parts and labor and bragged on how fast they could make my bike so i decide to have the work done which included ... bore the cylinders 5 thousands over screaming eagle racing pistons , screaming eagle racing cam , screamin eagle coil , screaming eagle thunder slide kit in the carb and 2 hours dyno time .
close to 3 months later i get the bike back and it has a big chip in the paint a deep scratch in the paint some nicks in the chrome primary cover and pits in the forks that everybody including myself thinks it is from grinding being done in the some room as my bike my first ride im on the highway try to goose it and run out of throttle cable now 2 days of riding it looses power and a sort of nockin noise that sounds like its commin from the coil when i go back the say its all good basicly its my emagination and they are sorry about the damage " the kid that did the work is a good machanic just not very experianced " so i ride untill my appointment comes for the dyno tuneing and that machanic says i have to waite for the tuning becouse the thunderslide kid was incomplete and the kid put it in anyway becouse he didnt know and tells me he had to adjust my stearing head becouse they adjusted it to tight he noticed right away but after they adjusted it the first time and i complained about the way it handled kurt said it was becouse of 2 differant tires he rode it and it was fine both techs from the same place gateway so they get the new kit and he tunes it its got like 84 tork and 90 horspower but im putting a quart of oil in iy every 800 miles and blowing gas and oil out of the carb bottom line ive had the bike back there 8 times the last trip they said dont know why you are using so much oil and the gas issue was my petcock so they took of my nice chrome high flow petcock and put a oem one my first ride was bikers for babbies a 60 mi. ride i burt a half tank of gas leaked gas out of the over flow tube and way worse gas and oil all over the moter pipes battery box and right leg and a major loss of power .
over the 8 times of having it in there the damage and totel screw job i got becouse they let some punk kid that should have been chancing oil do a complete build ive had some very heatted in there face confrontations with 6 employees including the manager and owner 2 times i hade to leave in fear they were gonna call the cops so i dont think going back to them is an option but this bike is my only transpo i aint owne a car for 2 years i need my bike if any one has some advice please feel free

Punctuation is your friend :)

I am not one to let an argument get to the point where anyone is calling the police, but if you paid this dealer to do a job and got back a bike with cosmetic and engine problems, and that dealership is not willing to make it right, I would first contact HD Headquarters customer service and calmly discuss the problem. If they do not intervene and resolve the issue, check the limit of small claims court in your state and see if the amount you paid is under that.

( I have never made a small claim before, so I'm not sure if that's good advise, but I would look into it if necessary. Hopefully HD will do the right thing )

From the HD website -

To contact the Motor Company directly, please write:
Harley-Davidson Customer Service
3700 W. Juneau Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53208

To speak with a Harley-Davidson customer service representative call (414) 343-4056.

Willstox; Man, that is a horror story. My advice is to write every single detail down in order, record dates, what conversations, employees name etc., get every receipt. Put it all in the order it happened. If you work for a large company they may have employee services that you can get some legal advice from. The more you have documented and written down, the more likely it is that your problem will be taken care of. DON'T lose your cool and get the cops involved on site. You may well end up needing a lawyer.I feel your pain!

Back