free website stats program 1997 flhtc oil pan | Harley Davidson Forums

1997 flhtc oil pan

lawbil

i am changing out the rear tire, and i want to replace the oil pan{damaged threads- my fault} when the tire is off. will the pan clear all obsructions when being removed with the tire off? anybody know what the approx. labor time would be to change the pan when the rear tire is already off? thanks. this is by far the best site i have found

from what i under stand its easiest to remove when tire is off some say its the oil way ..

i thought of re-tapping, but after i looked at a new pan i noticed that the factory threads are cut partially into the floor of the pan as well as the wall.i had tried running an oversize plug tap but it wouldn't bite. i got a good price on a new pan, and am going to try and repair the old one when i can actually see what i am doing. am also going to add a temp sensor.i have a new temp sending unit from an older flh {86 i think} and will try and fit it into the tank. the evo oil pans don't have a spare hole like the twin cam pans. i appreciate all the suggestions. thanks

Back