free website stats program 1996 Softail Replacment Bulb Help | Harley Davidson Forums

1996 Softail Replacment Bulb Help

Oregold

Greetings friends, I need some help on finding bulbs for my front turn signals. The prior owner changed the lenses to the flat ones, so the normal bulbs are to long. I looked at the bad bulb but it has no number on it, so I took it to the HD dealership and they said they can't get the bulbs any longer. The bulb has the offset 1157 base, and dual filament and CLEAR GLASS. However, the bulb is shorter. Does anyone know what the number or where I can buy this bulb at? I even spent an hour at NAPA while they searched for it without any success. Thanks for any information anyone can provide. Best wishes.

You should be able to find a 1157 SG (short globe/ small globe) bulb at any auto parts store. There are several different number bulbs that will work, just match the double contact, double offset prong base to yours. Harley uses common auto bulbs everywhere except the neutral/oil warning/hi beam strip.

j& p cycles carries a low profile dual filament amber 12 volt bulbs try part # 3300042 should be your animal

Thank you both for the information. As I mentioned the Dealership and NAPA didn't have any but I'll try other vendors. Good day friends.

I fund the bulbs at Summit. Once I knew what to look for which was mentioned here. Thank you everyone. Best wishes. Mike

Back