free website stats program 1996 dyna handlebars | Harley Davidson Forums

1996 dyna handlebars

y2kflhr

I am looking to change my bars, I had tossed the original bars because they were so uncomfortable and put drag bars on it, I did this back in 96, now that I am getting on in years and more spoiled from the Ultra, I would like to go back to a more traditional bar, but without the buckhorns that killed my wrists, any suggestions?

tia...

any way to find the stock dimensions? the originals are long gone.....I am just hoping I can find the risers and clamp to save a few bucks

Try a set of XLX Sportster bars. They are a bit wider than most bars and I find them very comfortable on my 07 FXD. They can also be used with the standard cables.

any way to find the stock dimensions? the originals are long gone.....I am just hoping I can find the risers and clamp to save a few bucks
====================================
If you want to search around and find if the '96 stock bars were the same as the "buckhorns on '92 Dyna's, I will measure mine for you. Several of my friends used the mini apes from Dyna Wide Glides, and liked them. I don't think they had to change any cables with them. I was always satisfied with the bars that came on it.

Back