free website stats program 1994flhtcu lean angle on jiffy stand | Harley Davidson Forums

1994flhtcu lean angle on jiffy stand

riderv700

my 1994 ultra classic leans a little to far for me to upright it w/ease.
is there any way i can correct this situation w/the original jiffy stand
or is there a after market sidstand? i talked w/ my dealer and he said i needed a extended sidestand but new of no place to obtain one.
any help on this matter?

id try thicker foot on stand. or removing stand lever heat elbow area bend. trial & error

A very small amount of wear in the pivot points makes a huge change in lean angle. Have you taken a close look & inspected the components for wear. You could have some after 15 years.

You could try having someone weld a block onto the bottom of your jiffy stand to change the lean angle when sitting on the stand.

Did a quick HD and Google search and didn't come up with anything ready made to do this.

id try thicker foot on stand. or removing stand lever heat elbow area bend. trial & error

thanks for the suggestion. that is one option i have thought also.

A very small amount of wear in the pivot points makes a huge change in lean angle. Have you taken a close look & inspected the components for wear. You could have some after 15 years.

it has 12,500 original miles on it so i assume the jiffy stand has not been used to much but you throw in a great suggestion. i will look closely at the pivot points as you suggest. thank you.

You could try having someone weld a block onto the bottom of your jiffy stand to change the lean angle when sitting on the stand.

Did a quick HD and Google search and didn't come up with anything ready made to do this.

thank you for the suggestion. i also am thinking that route.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if you just put something under the kickstand to raise it a bit?
I am sure you thought about this, and I know it is a hassle and it may be difficult to pick up, but if the current/stock kickstand is not worn out or bent, you could have another issue if you make the fix permanant by welding:
If you have to park on a steep spot of a heavily crowned road and such, the lean angle may not be enough to keep the bike stable and secure.

Just something to think about.

What if you just put something under the kickstand to raise it a bit?
I am sure you thought about this, and I know it is a hassle and it may be difficult to pick up, but if the current/stock kickstand is not worn out or bent, you could have another issue if you make the fix permanant by welding:
If you have to park on a steep spot of a heavily crowned road and such, the lean angle may not be enough to keep the bike stable and secure.

Just something to think about.

Also turning handlebars fully to Right side straightens motorcycle upright and greatly reduces weight/lean on jiffy stand. Easily done when checking something while doing maintenance if not on lift. Need to check/test for stability if modifying jiffy stand …

Back