free website stats program 1994 Starter Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

1994 Starter Problem

jude

Contributor
Hi,im Looking For Advice On A Problem Im Having On A 94 Evo Softail,when I Press The Starter Button There Is A Click Sound ,when I Release The Button There Is A Louder Bang Sound ,all The Sounds Seem To Be Coming From The Starter Unit But It Does Not Seem To Be Working Ie No Whirrling Noise At All ,i Have Read Some Of The Similar Posts But Am Getting A Bit Confused With All The Answers ,wiring Would Not Be My Stronest So Any Basic Test I Could Carry Out Would Be Much Appreicated As I Would Like To Be Able To Sort This Out Myself,with All Your Help Thanks

Hi,im Looking For Advice On A Problem Im Having On A 94 Evo Softail,when I Press The Starter Button There Is A Click Sound ,when I Release The Button There Is A Louder Bang Sound ,all The Sounds Seem To Be Coming From The Starter Unit But It Does Not Seem To Be Working Ie No Whirrling Noise At All ,i Have Read Some Of The Similar Posts But Am Getting A Bit Confused With All The Answers ,wiring Would Not Be My Stronest So Any Basic Test I Could Carry Out Would Be Much Appreicated As I Would Like To Be Able To Sort This Out Myself,with All Your Help Thanks

So you are hearing a "clack" sound but the starter is not engaging ??? Is your battery full charge,is the battery cables tight everywhere need be???

New Battery Just Gone In Today ,all Cables Clean And Tight, Theres A Click Noise When I Press Starter Switch Button When I Let Switch Out Theres A Louder Noise Sounds Like Shaft Going Back To Original Position

Thanks Glider, Will Try These And Let You Know Later

Problem Sorted,was Doing The Test On Solenoid With Wire From Positive Battery Terminal When I Went To Disconnect Green Wire From Starter Unit I Noticed It Wasnt Pushed Home Fully,done Check Any Way Starter Working Fine Reconnected Grenn Wire Properly This Time Round ,bike Fired Up No Problem ,happy Days,keep Up The Good Work And Great Site ,thanks Once Again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back