free website stats program 1994 lifter noise | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1994 lifter noise

I was cutting the grass today with my old abused Briggs & Stratton engined lawn mower and thinking how nice it runs. Never change oil (once in awhile) and have never changed the spark plug. Then I thought of my Harley TC88 and how I baby it. Change the oil and filter with the best oils and filters and do the plugs and worry about its oil temperture etc., and then I thought maybe Harley should get B&S to build their motors. What do you think?

Ken

I was cutting the grass today with my old abused Briggs & Stratton engined lawn mower and thinking how nice it runs. Never change oil (once in awhile) and have never changed the spark plug. Then I thought of my Harley TC88 and how I baby it. Change the oil and filter with the best oils and filters and do the plugs and worry about its oil temperture etc., and then I thought maybe Harley should get B&S to build their motors. What do you think?

Ken

I think if you drove the lawn mower as fast as you ride your harley, it would have blown up long ago.:lolrolling

Took my bike by Ronnie at Mountain Hog yesterday, he took a listen to the motor, I explained the vibration was at all speeds clutch out, I explained clutch in had no vibrtaion, he said sounded like top motor mount to frame was loose. Also to tighten all motor and tranny bolts to check for loose ness. Question does anyone have the torque spec for 1994 evo Softtail? Does any one have another theory of why I have vibration? Cam has been changed back to original stock. Thank you Krkoon

Took my bike by Ronnie at Mountain Hog yesterday, he took a listen to the motor, I explained the vibration was at all speeds clutch out, I explained clutch in had no vibrtaion, he said sounded like top motor mount to frame was loose. Also to tighten all motor and tranny bolts to check for loose ness. Question does anyone have the torque spec for 1994 evo Softtail? Does any one have another theory of why I have vibration? Cam has been changed back to original stock. Thank you Krkoon

Again, find out it the cam bearing was changed... If it's orginal, that could be part of your problem. As for the torque spec, a quick call to your local dealer's service department is a good place for that info..

Back