free website stats program 1994 FXR Wiring Help | Harley Davidson Forums

1994 FXR Wiring Help

swt1162

Recently purchased a 1994 FXR and installed drag bars. After removing the pins from the wiring harnesses in the headlight, I internally ran the wiring and plugged everything back in. I had removed these three plates that held some pins together, one plate is for 3 pins and 2 plates are for 2 pins. Now I don't remember where I took them off of and my turn signals are on all the time, my horn doesn't work, and my break light doesn't work. I had to remove the pins out of two different relays; one main relay with about 14 connections and then also a smaller relay which I believe controls the turn signals ect. If anyone has this model bike and would mind looking at there relays for these plates I would appreciate it. Any other advice or help would be appreciated.

I think it's a good time to pick up the factory HD service manual about now before you burn something up.

Also get yourself a trouble light or ohm/voltmeter.

When faced with a handfull of unknown wires I do the following:
I get some masking tape and a magic marker. Hook up one side of the trouble light to ground and the other side to one of the unknown wires and operate each control one at a time till the trouble light comes on, tag that wire with tape and write its function on the tape. Ex: left signal. To check for a ground, it helps to have an ohm meter.

I dont know about you guys but I find the schematics in the manual to small to read and if you blink or sneeze you loose track of where you were. This process is slower but when used with a manual there are less costlty mistakes.

Back