free website stats program 1992 HD FXRT Custom | Harley Davidson Forums

1992 HD FXRT Custom

murf

I've been working on getting this bike to a look I like for a couple years now. Limited funds and health issues have slowed me down some. I've got it close now but I'm starting to have issues with the weight of the bike. A friend and I are into powdercoating and are putting together a large powdercoat oven at which time I am going to powdercoat the tins. The bike is a '92 FXR with just under 36,000 miles, 5 spd and evo 1340 engine. rebuilt Keihin CV, both tires new late last season. I have installed frt and rear heritage style fenders, smoked t/sig. lenses. I have the factory fenders as well. Tach is disconnected, fuel guage comes and goes. I have maintained this bike very well and it runs/rides extremely well. I would like to get $5,000 and if I powdercoat the tins the price will go up a bit. ( I do my own powdercoat ) I would gladly travel a short distance to help with delivery but not too far. Send an email or PM " Murf" with any questions. xxx-xxx-xxxx Thanks.

Attachments

• 20130910_140826.jpg
    20130910_140826.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 77
  • latest FXR morph.jpg
    latest FXR morph.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope so. this is a great bike but I'm starting to have wobbly moments at slow speeds and stops. It's lowered pretty much it's just too heavy for me. I bought a '98 std sporty and the weight difference is tremendous. ( 155 lbs ) If the sporty doesn't work I'm probably gonna have to give up riding ! If I ever dropped it I wouldn't be able to pick it up alone and could also get hurt. It's just not worth it !

Back