free website stats program 1992 Fxlr Custom. | Harley Davidson Forums

1992 Fxlr Custom.

jackotom

Hi, i own a 1992 fxlr which has developed a misfire, i think its on the rear cylinder. i put 2 new Ngk r DCPR8E plugs in and it ran great. left it a few days went for a short ride and it began misfiring again and back firing through the exhaust. i changed the plugs again for used ones but it still seemed to run on one cylinder.the bike has had a twin coil conversion, a crane programmable electronic ignition module (Model Hi 4) and a Mikuni 45mm carb,a 96cu and 1600cc conversion. the bikes only done 9000miles .And it has a new battery.
can anyone Help? and also recommend any other spark plugs that might be better?
thanks for all help received.
Dave.

Have you done any other work on the bike lately? I would probably try a new set of plug wires.

Hi, i own a 1992 fxlr which has developed a misfire, i think its on the rear cylinder. i put 2 new Ngk r DCPR8E plugs in and it ran great. left it a few days went for a short ride and it began misfiring again and back firing through the exhaust. i changed the plugs again for used ones but it still seemed to run on one cylinder.the bike has had a twin coil conversion, a crane programmable electronic ignition module (Model Hi 4) and a Mikuni 45mm carb,a 96cu and 1600cc conversion. the bikes only done 9000miles .And it has a new battery.
can anyone Help? and also recommend any other spark plugs that might be better?
thanks for all help received.
Dave.

http://www.cranecams.com/uploads/instructions/90003200.pdf Have a read here, @ the bottom is a trouble shooting area, would not be the first time I have seen a pick up or a coil go bad

Welcome to The Forum, Have you run a compression test yet? Just curious and check your push rod adjustment also. Compression test may reveal a blown head gasket, if i have to make a guess it would be the rear cylinder, but the spark as I mentioned in my other post would be the first thing to check, Good luck and check back in

Back