free website stats program 1991 xlh1200 | Harley Davidson Forums

1991 xlh1200

GREG714

Hi folks. Replaced voltage reg on my 91 xlh1200 and now left turn signals won't light up. Bulbs are fine. Any ideas?

Nothing to be afraid of, it doesn't bite.

Take the factory manual and go point to point starting at the light and work back. You can also find the half way point and test for power there and work towards the light or the battery to find the open in the circuit. Try another bulb first, quite often the bulb looks OK but it isn't.

Hi folks. Replaced voltage reg on my 91 xlh1200 and now left turn signals won't light up. Bulbs are fine. Any ideas?

Hmm. Should not be any relation between replacing the VR and your turn signals, except perhaps where the ground for the VR attaches. Double check that, and then swap the left and right bulbs in the turn signals and see what happens. May point out that the bulb is actually bad.

TQ

I replaced the voltage regulator on an 88 sportster a couple of years ago as i remember there was a wire that fitted somewhere under the seat but cant remember what it was or where exactly it went
however if you have been under the seat fighting with the 3 plates of spaghetti hiding there you may have inadvertently knocked the multi plug that goes into the turn signal canceller which is fitted on to the inside of the frame adjacent to the ignition module cover

Brian

Back