free website stats program 1991 heritage softail shutdown | Harley Davidson Forums

1991 heritage softail shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello i have a 91 heritage softail runs well but when i ride her for 10-50 mile more or less, she just shut down, have all lights-horn-cracks over getting gas and spark but will not start, changed relay under seat but still the same thing, just like i hit the kill switch. what sould i do next?? thanks

Can you tell us what type of modification has been done to the engine, and how many miles it has on it? When you say it cracks (cranks?) over, do you mean that it tries to start or the starter just turns over. I would also like to know how old the battery is and when was the last time the spark plugs were changed.

I had the same problem on a 93 would die and then after cooling down would run fine. First I changed the coil, and that didnt help so then changed the ignition module, and
boda bing started running great. hope this might help. Glider and Chopper walked me through the problem. and I am sure the mods will get you back running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back